Dawson S. Brown, MD
Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
Arthroscopy (Shoulder, Hip, Knee, & Ankle)
Dr. Dawson Brown is an orthopaedic surgeon with a specialty interest and fellowship training in sports medicine, including advanced techniques in minimally invasive, arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, hip, knee, and ankle. Dr. Brown completed his undergraduate work at Dartmouth College, where he was a four-year varsity letterman in alpine ski racing and an NCAA Division I Academic All-American.
After completion of his undergraduate degree, Dr. Brown completed a one-year research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. He then attended medical school at OHSU, where he also completed his orthopaedic surgery residency. After his residency, Dr. Brown completed additional fellowship training in sports medicine, arthroscopy, and reconstructive surgery at Southern California Orthopedic Institute. His interests lie in helping patients of all ages manage a broad range of conditions, from weekend sprains to fractures to arthritis.
In his free time, Dr. Brown enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, sailing, hiking, and playing soccer.
- Dartmouth College (Undergraduate)
- Oregon Health & Science University (MD)
- Oregon Health & Science University (Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery)
- Southern California Orthopedic Institute (Fellowship – Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy, and Reconstructive Surgery)
- Board Certified – American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery